Senior Vice President, Investment Advisor
L. Ryan Brinson, AIF®
Helping others is not so much a decision as it is a way of life. A true friend and “helper” can be defined in many ways but the common thread beyond the definition is the ability to be a great listener. His focus as an advisor starts with being a great active listener. Ryan is proud to offer clients an alternative to the status quo. Instead of unsolicited sales tactics, Ryan educates clients and helps them potentially maximize both income and protection, while minimizing lifetime taxes.
Ryan has worked in the industry for 17 years. He enjoys time with his family including his wife, Kate, and children James and Emory. He is an Athens native, and he is extremely active in the Community.
Ryan started his career as a financial advisor and branch manager for Ashford Advisors where he consulted with successful professionals, business owners, and families. During his tenure at Ashford, Ryan was a three-time winner of the Eagle award. This award is based on a multitude of criteria which recognizes an associate’s exemplary service to his clientele, as well as his professional development and growth.
EDUCATION, CREDENTIALS & SPECIAL TRAINING:
- Bachelor of Business Administration, from the Terry College of Business at the University of Georgia
- ACCREDITED INVESTMENT FIDUCIARY®
- FINRA Licenses: Life/Health/Annuity, P/C, Series 6,7, Uniform Securities Agent State Law (Series 63) and Uniform Investment Advisor Law (Series 65) licenses.
CIVIC, COMMUNITY & OTHER PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS:
- Rotary Club of Athens
- Finance Chair-Classic Center Authority Board of Directors
- Mercy Health Center Advisory Board
- Former member of the Executive Board of Directors for the Athens Area Chamber of Commerce
- Former president of the Young Professionals Network of Athens
- Chairman of the Government Relations Committee
- Active in the United Way of Northeast Georgia
- Founding member of the North Georgia Jaycees in Athens, GA
- In September 2008 Ryan was voted a “Top-30” Up and Coming Athens Entrepreneur, compliments of The Athens Banner Herald.