Some deadlines are hard to forget. For example, nobody forgets the April 15 deadline to file income taxes. However, the year is full of other important dates that can sneak up on even the most time-conscious investor. Many of those occur in the last few months of the year.
Below are a few important dates to keep in mind on your financial to-do calendar.
- September 16, 2019: Third quarter estimated tax payments due.
- October 1: Deadline for self-employed persons or small employers to establish a SIMPLE-IRA.
- October 1: First day to file FAFSA for college financial aid in July 2020 – June 2021
- October 1: Final deadline to fund a SEP-IRA or Solo 401(K) for tax year 2018 if you filed a 2018 extension.
- October 1: Open enrollment for employee health benefits usually open for a month (the timing depends on the individual employer). October is a great time to consider a Health Savings Account.
- October 15 – December 7, 2019: Medicare open enrollment. Time to re-evaluate coverage, Rx coverage, supplemental insurance.
November 1 – December 15, 2019
- Open enrollment in the Health Insurance Marketplace. (www.healthcare.gov)
- December 27 – Last trading day for settlement in calendar year 2019.
- December 31 – Last day for 2019 IRA Required Minimum Distributions. Last day to make Qualified Charitable Donations.
We encourage all investors to consult their tax professionals and investment advisors for advice about the timing of financial decisions.
Securities offered through FinTrust Brokerage Services, LLC (Member FINRA/ SIPC) and Investment Advisory Services offered through FinTrust Capital Advisors, LLC. Insurance services offered through FinTrust Capital Benefit Group, LLC. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorized to state them to be the views of any such entity. Trade instructions may not be accepted via email. This material does not constitute an offer to sell, solicitation of an offer to buy, recommendation to buy or representation as the suitability or appropriateness of any security, financial product or instrument, unless explicitly stated as such in the text of the email. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future returns. Performance numbers have not necessarily been independently reviewed or audited and therefore we make no representation as to its accuracy. Any reference to the terms of any contracts should be treated as preliminary only and subject to our formal written confirmation. This information should not be construed as legal, regulatory, tax, or accounting advice. This message (and any attached materials) is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. This is an advertisement from FinTrust Capital Advisors.
*FinTrust Capital Advisors, LLC and its affiliates do not provide tax, legal or accounting advice. This material has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, tax, legal or accounting advice. You should consult your own tax, legal and accounting advisors before engaging in any transaction.